The Flaming River Cocktail
This past summer was the Flaming River cocktail competition, in celebration of 50 years since the great Cuyahoga river fire, and the progress the water way has made to be viable today. I am excited to share with you the winning cocktail recipe.
Makes two drinks:
1.5 oz Pope's Orange Habanero Cocktail Syrup
3 oz Cantera Negra Reposado Tequila
4 oz Pomegranate Juice
2 oz Fresh Lime Juice
2 Cups of Ice, Divided
Tools: Cocktail Shaker, Strainer, Jigger, 2 rocks glasses
- Measure liquids into the shaker.
- Add half the ice to the shaker
- Distribute the remaining ice evenly among two rocks glasses.
- Shake until a light frost forms on the tin, about a 5-10 count.
- Strain into your rocks glasses, filling half into each then topping off.
- Garnish the glasses with lime wheel and a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds.